The ISA Water/Wastewater Division is pleased to announce the award winners for best paper and best presentation from last year’s 2017 ISA Water/Wastewater and Automatic Controls Symposium.
At our 2018 symposium, the award winner will be publicly acknowledged and presented with award plaques. Please congratulate our 2017 symposium award winners!
The winners are:
WWAC2017 Best Presentation
- Object Oriented SCADA –By Nate Powell, P.E., Custom Controls Unlimited, Inc. and Robert J Shull, P.E., CAP, Custom Controls Unlimited, Inc.
- SCADA Zero to SCADA Hero –By Jason Hamlin, City of Lynchburg, VA and Carter Farley, P.E., InstruLogic, LLC.
- Big Data and Business Intelligence 101 –By Travis Detherage, WaterOne
- I-o-T Spells Change for Our World – And Work –By Don Dickinson, Phoenix Contact
WWAC2017 Best Paper:
- Process Control Systems at Water Resource Recovery Facilities: Use of Process Simulation to Assist with Controller Design and Tuning –By Oliver Schraa, inCNTRL Solutions, Inc. and Matthew Gray, AECOM
- Industrial and Automation Communication Protocols in the Age of IIoT –By Alan Hudson, Trihedral
- How to Decide Whether to Upgrade or Replace Your SCADA System – By Mike Stoup, P.E., McKim & Creed, Inc. and Eric Brown, McKim & Creed, Inc.
- Beyond High Performance HMI – By Lucas Jordan, P.E, MR Systems and Robert Touchton, MR Systems