The ISA Water/Wastewater Division was at this year’s Water Environment Federation’s 2017 WEFTEC Show in Chicago, Illinois, USA on Oct 2-4, 2017. This year marks the fifth year anniversary of the ISA WWID hosting a special automation focused Technical Session at WEFTEC.
WEFTEC 2017 – McCormick Place – Chicago, Illinois, USA
WEFTEC FEATURE SESSION 424
SCADA Systems: Protecting your Investment
Tues, Oct 3, 2017 – Room S502a – 3:30 to5:00pm
This special session focused on providing guidance on how to protect investments in SCADA, and ensure SCADA assets are best utilized for their full potential.
Here is the write-up from the WEFTEC program:
Today’s SCADA systems are highly advanced investments that are necessary for the massive amounts of data needed to operate our facilities. With this added data and technology, there comes a need to ensure the data is presented to operations in an efficient manner, that the facility and data is secure from outside intruders, and that the system is well documented and backed up in the event disaster recovery is needed. This session will touch on the current hot topics that were presented at the ISA Water/Wastewater Symposium held in Orlando, FL last year and provide valuable insight into the current standards that should be expected from their current SCADA system.
- Alarm Management and Reliable Architecture Needed for Utility-Wide SCADA Systems: Achieving Effectiveness, High Availability, Subsystem Autonomy, and Centralized Administration
– Alan Hudson, VTScada by Trihedral Engineering
- Cybersecurity: Going Beyond Protection
– Don Dickinson, Phoenix Contact
- System-Wide SCADA Documentation To Prepare for Disaster Recovery
– Mike Stoup, McKim & Creed
- Kevin Patel (Signature Automation), Director, ISA Water/Wastewater Division, International Society of Automation
- Deborah Houdeshell (Hazen and Sawyer), WEF Automation and Information Technology (AIT) Committee, Water Environment Federation