The tour takes place in the early-afternoon of Tues, Aug 2, 2015 at 2:00 PM, with the tour bus leaving the hotel at 2:30 PM, and requires prior-sign-up. Transportation to/from the hotel is provided. The bus will leave the hotel lobby.
Invitations will be sent to registered symposium attendees 3 weeks prior to the tour. Space on the tour is limited, and attendees must sign-up beforehand. Inquiries about the tour can be sent to our symposium tour coordinators Bryan Sinkler and Norman Anderson.
Symposium attendees are invited to tour the SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment™ Facility. SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment™ is a leading theme park and entertainment company, which for the last 50 years has been delivering personal, interactive and educational experiences that blend imagination with nature and enable guests to celebrate, connect with and care for the natural world we share.
Here in 3 Orlando parks, they are responsible for maintaining healthy saltwater and freshwater environments in 45 exhibits, pools and interactive features, treating over 25 million gallons of water or the equivalent of 400 MGD.
On your tour at SeaWorld you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about the Building Automation Systems as they relate to temperature control of our facilities and water systems, energy savings initiatives
- Learn about the automation of our Life Support Systems – primary filtration and recovery systems, ozone generators and injection
- Visit North Support Animal Rehabilitation area
- Visit Antarctica “Empire of the Penguins” and have a more in-depth look behind the scenes of our Life Support System (air and water)
- Visit the Life Support System at Shamu
- And meet a couple of our furry and feathery friends
ABOUT THE TOUR HOST
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment™ is one of the world’s foremost zoological organizations and a global leader in animal welfare, training, husbandry and veterinary care. We care for what we believe is one of the largest zoological collections in the world and have helped lead advances in the care of animals. We also rescue and rehabilitate marine and terrestrial animals that are ill, injured, orphaned or abandoned, with the goal of returning these animals to the wild. The SeaWorld® rescue team has helped more than 27,000 animals in need over the last 50 years.
Bus transportation for the tour is kindly being provided by McKim & Creed.