At our 2018 ISA Water/Wastewater and Automatic Controls Symposium on Aug 7-9, 2018 in Washington DC we gave out awards from the previous year’s 2017 WWAC Symposium and service awards for the ISA Water/Wastewater Division.
The Award Winners were:
WWAC2017 Best Presentation
- Object Oriented SCADA –By Nate Powell, P.E., Custom Controls Unlimited, Inc. and Robert J Shull, P.E., CAP, Custom Controls Unlimited, Inc.
- SCADA Zero to SCADA Hero –By Jason Hamlin, City of Lynchburg, VA and Carter Farley, P.E., InstruLogic, LLC.
- Big Data and Business Intelligence 101 –By Travis Detherage, WaterOne
- I-o-T Spells Change for Our World – And Work –By Don Dickinson, Phoenix Contact
WWAC2017 Best Paper:
- Process Control Systems at Water Resource Recovery Facilities: Use of Process Simulation to Assist with Controller Design and Tuning –By Oliver Schraa, inCNTRL Solutions, Inc. and Matthew Gray, AECOM
- Industrial and Automation Communication Protocols in the Age of IIoT –By Alan Hudson, Trihedral
- How to Decide Whether to Upgrade or Replace Your SCADA System – By Mike Stoup, P.E., McKim & Creed, Inc. and Eric Brown, McKim & Creed, Inc.
- Beyond High Performance HMI – By Lucas Jordan, P.E, MR Systems and Robert Touchton, MR Systems
ISA Water/Wastewater Service Awards:
- 2017 Service Award – Kevin Patel, PE, MBA
- 2017 Member of the Year Award – Manoj Yegnaraman, PE